View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #115
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Re: Project - '69 4x4 named "Patches"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgross View Post
hope the job situation works out... you can always reenlist!

Funny how that tank resembles mine... now!
Mike,

We're all laying low right now at work. The good thing is I guess that everyone's '09 budget's finally got approved apparently, because within the past 2 weeks we've been going wide open. Corporate even approved overtime if we needed it to complete jobs in a timely manner. So hopefully we can keep our heads above water.

Yeah, the tank is almost a spitting image to yours huh. Go figure. That's why you don't mess with a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrux View Post
Build looks great, I may have missed it but I thought you were going with a 72 front end but you bought some 68 front end parts. Also, did you use the original frame, or did you get one that wasn't cut?
Jtrux,

I'm still going with a 71-72 front end. I bought a bunch of new repro parts a guy had and it was an all of nothing deal. The deal included new 67-68 fenders and (2) 67-68 take-off grilles. That's why you saw the 67-68 parts in my thread.

The "original" frame was a hack job, so I looked around till I finally found an original, unmolested swb frame. After tearing this thing apart I made it one of my goals to start with a solid foundation and go from there. Once again "hind sight is always 20/20.

Last edited by sdailey; 02-25-2009 at 03:10 PM.
sdailey is offline   Reply With Quote