View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #138
skorpioskorpio

Re: Project Madera: A Jimmy GT

What I was up to while watching the 24 hours of le Mans, dimpled died my floor ends and rear roll pan, and bead died my rockers:
Name:  WP_20140622_005.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  21.4 KB
The rockers are bead died and are punched to fit plastic plugs, I have 3 types , not sure which ones I'll use yet, 1 is a simple black plastic plug, I also have clear polycarbonite ones and black louvered ones.
Name:  WP_20140622_006.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  26.5 KB
The dimple dies here (and along with the rockers) will allow these areas to get powder coated on the inside, as well as offer airflow to dry these areas out. I also figure it gives me a stealthy way of running wiring to the rear of the body.
Name:  IMG_0342.jpg
Views: 1205
Size:  40.7 KB
Here the punches allow the trapped air to get out from under the body, and let's face it it's just cool looking. They'll peek out from under the sectioned and widened '69 Camaro bumper.

As far as the front, that ended up not going according to plan, the front pan makes it pretty obvious the difference in pointiness between the 67-72 front end and the later 454SS airdam I was planning on using, worked behind a stock bumper, but under a pan, not so much, so scrap that idea. So now I think I'm going to go with a first gen Camaro style chin spoiler instead of the airdam. Spoilers by Randy offers a frame mount one for our trucks, and really it will probably do the job better, the job being to get that low air and direct it into the radiator as well as keeping the air from under the truck. Here is my re-rendering with the chin spoiler and the fog light moved up under the bumper:
Name:  JimmyGT Concept Nose SBR.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  46.4 KB
...and if you're paying attention I also moved the dimple died holes in the render from the bottom edge of pan to the top.

Last edited by skorpioskorpio; 06-24-2014 at 02:30 PM.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote