View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 11:34 PM   #5
Jemezcrusher

Re: A little progress on the 50 - finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65blackfleetside View Post
Love the 2 single barrel carb setup!!

What kind of power do you think you will get out of that 6 cylinder?

Looking Great!!!

Thanks. Not really sure what to expect for power improvement. Engine is stock 125 psi compression across all cylinders so is pretty close to rebuild fresh.

Had a stock carb and manifold with one exhaust. Now, 2 two barrel carbs (matched to displacement) and headers with dual exhaust. Should breathe in and out easier but still limited to stock cam and head (848) limitations. The T5 OD gear is a .72 and coupled with the 3.73 rear (8.8) should cruise quite comfortably at 70. DOn’t think I am going to be burning any rubber but I would think it should not be unreasonable to expect 10-15% performance increase.

The carb was designed for 1.8 liter (+/-) engine size so two of them mounted on the offenhauser will not need progressive linkage and will handle 300 cubic inches up to 5000 RPM.

Really looking forward to driving it. SHould be fun. Gotta figure out what to do with the seat. Want to keep the stocker (????) but at 6’2” you guys know the challenge. Put a Mustang gas tank in the back so can hopefully pick up a little room that way and see about cutting down the originals a bit. Couple that will shortened pedals I might have some tolerable space between me and the steering wheel.

Anyway, should be fun
Jemezcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote