View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #22
cortcomp

Re: '66 Longbed 327 w/AC project

Went out to put parts in the garage as they came in this week and saw that the front left tire was literally falling apart as it sat in the garage! Went and got some 235/75s (which should fix my spedo that was off about 5mph at 70.) and wider and look a bit better on the truck and took the wheels to have them mounted. Stuck with the 1" white walls on the truck, i kind of like them.

Finished reinforcing the necks of the filler tanks with some REALLY heavy duty fuel filler hose (after fixing that crack by resizing the metal insert smaller, clamping the plastic around it to suck it close, heating it generously all around, sealing with 2 coats of epoxy over night). Reinforced the plastic barbed fittings in the tank with epoxy, made a harness and put the tanks in. Wired the senders up, connected the last of the fuel lines and we're good to go! Put 5 gallons in one tank, full in the in cab tank, and 10 gallons in the other, then used the toggle switch i put by the fuel tank selector valve to check and they're all pretty close to right on! I didn't make a plate let, i'd like to have one that's red and looks close to the one the valve is using, so it looks like they match at a glance. The way it works now is great, you reach down and toggle far left is left tank, toggle middle is in cab center tank, toggle far right is right side tank. Don't really need a plate to figure it out, but when i put the new floor in it should look good next to the other plate.

Put 2 new mirrors on, the new license plates finally, the clutch pedal bumper and adjusted the height, the new tires on and took it for a test drive, all looking good so far! going to drive it tomorrow, then it's time to yank the interior and all the previous owners wiring, and go to town restoring the inside of the truck.
Attached Images

cortcomp is offline   Reply With Quote