View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 09:42 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

Re: Blazers and Jimmys With Hickey Accessories

I don't think it is. I believe all the Hickey hitches were chromed, mine was. And it was just a simple square hoop that did not protrude.

This is the only picture of a '72 base trim I had on the computer. This is how it say when I bought it. It had the roll bar, auxiliary tanks, tire/can mount, hitch, transfer case and gas tank skid plates, steel locking console and axle trusses. It wasn't all Hickey, though. Another company I don't see peple getting excited about that is harder to find parts from was Desert Dynamics who sold most of the same stuff Hickey had made for them. On the glovebox door was a desert dynamics sticker, so I assume some pieces were from them. It came out of New Mexico, but the people came east to Virginia and enjoyed Assateaque Island with it. It had a couple beach vehicle permits on the front bumper. That salty sand did it's work on that thing. I bought in '84 and the lower front corners had already rusted same as the local ones did. In fact, less than some. My '71 I had at the same time had no rust, but it lived a sheltered life
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote