View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #26
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Thanks Chuck. Coming from you I consider that quite a compliment.

I stopped off after work tonight and for a little over $100 I bought oil, filter, tranny fluid & gasket, battery hold down bracket (new battery is just sitting up there, nothing holding it), four cans of Duplicolor Self Etching Primer (all they had) and some VHT silver for the valve covers in my upcoming El Cheapo "Krylon Rebuild". The engine runs so good but looks SO bad. Anyone have a GOOD product for painting those gnarly headers? I'd like silver ala ceramic coating (but I'm too cheap) but I can do with BBQ black.

Also have to pop off the wheels and take a look at the brakes. LOTS of pedal but all that means is they've been adjusted up. I want to see if the wheel bearings have been updated too.

I can't recall if I mentioned it above but I have a new-to-me Hobart 140 MIG welder (that I don't know how to use) and I have that kick panel to repair. Since that's a hardly noticeable area after its repaired, I think its a marriage made in Heaven! I don't have the bottle/gas, mask, gloves or leathers yet (Harbor Freight anyone?) but I'll get to that soon.

If I get better while doing the kick panel I'll take on the passenger cab corner, a couple misc holes in the bed rails, and if I REALLY get good (yeah, right) I'll make a run at those dash holes.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote