View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 05:48 PM   #19
special-K
Special Order

Re: GM Parts Catalog - where is group 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I just ordered one of those complete cabs. What did the body shop do about the VIN tag when they installed one of those?

I found the wiper motors in 16.064 also, but by the 1983 edition, the only thing left for 72 wiper motor is service parts.
I wonder about that. I know in my book there is a note that states on 67-70 trucks part of the floor at the throttle pedal needs to be cut and that part from a the old cab needs to be patched in.

I also remember the parts guy telling me in the early-'80s they had a guy come in and order all the body, interior parts, and trim for one of these trucks. I think he spent about $5k, but might have been less. I hope he asked for a discount! I did when I started ordering up parts. I could see the different price columns and said, "How about you give me these prices from now on", as I pointed to the jobber column. They asked if I had a business... "Yep!". And from then on I got a 30% discount. Well, until maybe around 1990 when GM cut back on discounts. It went to 20%. They said they were trying to compete with the aftermarket and I said, "Compete by charging more?". I think it was more like charge more to support the fact that their parts were better.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-03-2019 at 05:54 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote