View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 03:13 PM   #5
mr48chev

Re: Need a title for a 1950 pickup,...

As some of the others suggested I'd first check with the DMV of the state that he lives in.

This state does the bonded title thing on similar deals. That means you post a bond (I have no idea of the amount) fill out the papers, have the vehicle inspected and then it takes three years here before the title is considered a clear title. I have to do this with my boat trailer that I built out of the chassis from a salvaged travel trailer. That is something that I should have done five years ago when I first built the trailer but since I haven't used it much I just buy a permit when I want to use it.

Years ago I bought what amounted to a hulk 48 Chev 3/4 ton because it had a clear title. we did use the roof and a door off it on my buddy's chopped 48 pickup and he used the title. Not making a suggestion that you do that but to me it is more honest then buying a title from a title vendor.
Otherwise I think I would get it to a stage where it ran and drove and was street legal and get it inspected and apply for the bonded title.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote