View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 09:22 AM   #98
71'tahoe

Re: 1967 C-50 Dump truck Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvmt-Pndr View Post
Thanks for the picture!

The rust on the Kansas cab vs the original is a cake walk. Are the floors pitted real bad or is it just surface rust? Either way you'll have it ready in no time vs the original.
Yes Sir. It wont take a lot of work to get it ready. As far as the floors go,There is some deep pits but the edge where the door seals go is rusted so they will need repaired. I'll try to get some better photos today. I think I can replace the outer edge of the floor where it meets the rocker. Very minimal rust issues which is why I took the 13 hour trip to Kansas to get the cab and front end.
Once the floors are solid I'll roll the cab on its back and have the bottom of the cab bed lined. I have heard good things about the Upol Raptor liner but I will also consult with the local Linex dealer.

My next thing is do I do a hydro-boost system (I have 3 units from 79',95' and 03' trucks) I know my 292 doesn't have a power steering set up so getting juice to the booster will be/is an issue. This is where things get difficult because I'm in the build stage now instead of "just get it running" stage. Meaning,now is the time to plan my work and work my plan. It will just cost more and take more time. I don't want to go backwards so I'll probably go ahead and mount the hydro-boost and for now block off the ports for the power steering lines. Or I could add power steering pump and use it solely for the brake system. That may be a better idea. I'm still kicking around the idea of a 12 valve Cummins engine with an Eaton 6 speed. I'm rethinking the 316/3126 cat engine idea. I am really getting into the 292 and may end up using it for an old Chevy truck or something along those lines. That is still up in the air. Depends on what I find. The end go has always been to have a workable truck I can use.
71'tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote