View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 07:14 PM   #6
daveshilling

Re: Stupid Question about placing engine mounts

Thank you for the insight so far, gents. Let me ask some followup if I may:

(Cab is on the frame, its never left it because I have nowhere to put it. The front of the truck is sitting in the bed, that's the space I'm working with)

1. 3 degree angle sloping down from engine to trans: I have the CPP trans crossmember, am I correct in assuming that I should roughly mock that up to give me a starting point for the 3 deg, essentially temporarily mount the trans, clamp the crossmember down to the frame, set angle to 0, then lift the engine until I reach 3 deg?

2. Parallel mounting- How does this work if shifting 1 inch to the passenger side? stay parallel and let the driveshaft make up that inch along its length? Is that an acceptable operating angle of the U Joint?

2b. With an LS in a Task Force (34" frame) is there an advantage for this shift, or is it better to get some TBSS exhaust mani's that fit tight to the block and stay centered?

3. How small of a gap can I have between engine and firewall before it makes maintenance/inspection/disassembly a nightmare...anyone wish they had left more room?
daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote