View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 06:48 PM   #2
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

The parts eventually got delivered, and I eventually had time to install them. So I got it back on the road, but not without some issues. The front output yoke I ordered wasn't the right part. So still no front driveshaft. The brakes need to be bled some more I think cuz the rear ones just won't grab. There is pedal pressure and flow through the lines but there must be more air in there.

But it's driveable. How it looks today.

I have a set of 35" tires for it, still looking for wheels though...

I spent some time at the local junkyard and found a truck with a 4 speed and NP205 still in it. Unfortunately it has the flange type yoke for the front output. A new one costs somewhere around $100. Fortunately I got the entire transfer case and front driveshaft for $150. Seems tight. And since I think there is plenty of wear in the 4 speed, I just got that too for another $150. I figure it's great spare parts regardless.

It was filthy. Spent about an hour scraping it. Will clean up much easier now at the car wash.

Much better...

I also picked up a new gauge cluster and bezel. I really liked the texture on this bezel.

And I found the correct front bumper. It had the newer style GMC bumper on it.

And here are the new doors. Rust free and they have power locks and windows. I just need to find a wire harness and rear doors with the same options.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote