View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 09:26 PM   #21
ninety6

Re: Grandpa's C10 Silverado Restoration Project

Today, I installed a little enhancement item: Keyless Entry. I didn't want to spend much, so i got a cheap Keyless Entry system on amazon for $15.99. It's a YeuYeuZue brand import, with poorly translated instructions. Took me a while to figure out the wiring, but i've got it all hooked up and working. I no longer have to use the key to lock/unlock!

I hooked up the lock and unlock outputs to the light-blue and black/white wires coming from the driver door switch. I tried hooking up direcly to the lock motor, but this truck doesn't work like that -- locks wires are grounded when not "in use" -- so you have to hook prior to the relays -- in other words, mimic pressing the button on the door as opposed to just sending 12v to the lock.

That doesn't make it any harder, and is probably better -- but i just planned to wire it differently and it didn't work.

All is good now, and i tapped in to the parking light wires with the light output so they blink on lock and double-blink on unlock. Pretty sweet!

here's a video with it working.. (not a how-to install video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpN-VSR9L48
ninety6 is offline   Reply With Quote