View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 01:33 AM   #9
67 Burb

Re: Can a 12v Momentary switch operate an on/off accessory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewychevy67 View Post
Ok looks like there is a few kinds of these. I have a push button on my dash that when you push it passes power thru it only when pushed. I have a small unit that turns on and off a module in my transmission. I need to turn it off when I tow. I want this to turn it on and off. 5 amps would be sufficient. I am not very familiar with how this should be wired. In a perfect world I would like to activate it and deactivate it with the same power source from the same button if that can possably happen.
Is this to change the stall speed of your converter? If it is, if you are going to tow a trailer, wouldn't you want this on for the whole trip? Or would you be turning it on and off during the trip? If you want it on for the duration of trip, then to shut off when you shut the truck off, there is a simple way to do it.

I built a circuit to activate my daytime running lights that is momentarily triggered when I press the brake pedal and shift out of "park" and stays on until I either turn the headlights on or shut the truck off. If this will suit your situation, I can post a diagram.

1967 2wd Burb, 350/TH350, 3.73 posi
67 Burb is offline   Reply With Quote