View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
Caddieup

Hello - New Member - 1st post!!

Hello All,
I'm a new member who just joined. I have recently had the fortune and financial means to start restoring my fathers 1954 Chevy 3100. Before he passed he had parked it and it has been sitting in the weather for almost 20 years now.
Without any knowledge of where to start, I came across this site.... WOW!!! I can't believe how much helpful info here and great restoration pics and knowledge spread by all the member's that I've seen since lurking around here the last few weeks, that I knew I wanted to join in.
I do not have the knowledge, tools, space, etc to do this restoration. I have a wonderful friend who I grew up with that has decided to tackle this!! He is the son of the 1st Funny Car World Champ in history Shirl Greer!!! He just lost his dad last year and he knows how much this truck means to me, and him, that he has taken on the task of making both our fathers proud!!!
I'm not trying to get all "SAPPY" here, I just wanted to say hello and I welcome any and all advice that you PRO's may have!!