View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 10:06 PM   #459
yossarian19

Re: Project: Over My Head

Hah!
There isn't much to say. I've used the truck to haul sand, sheet rock, dump runs, etc and it hasn't changed much.
The car seat fits in there pretty well. It's Clay's favorite car, to the point where he's disappointed if I make him get in the Subaru.
I've got 3,500 miles on the truck, finally have the electric fans working from the computer's trigger wire. Painless botched the tune and had the Fan 1 temp set to 283*F, which I thought was just a tad high. I hardly ever see 210* but now the fans come on when I get there.
The truck still shakes at 50-60 mph, I should check the toe again and make sure it's dialed. I also need to re-work the kingpin bores in the front end.
I switched projects since this one drives and have a '75 wagoneer that I'm putting EFI on.
Wife and I also moved in to a new house in the same area. 5 acres, 36x36 barn, there is also a house but who cares? So the barn + wagoneer have occupied most of my wrenching time lately.
I have a retaining wall to finish building and I think I'll tear down the front end on the truck and see if I can tighten things up a bit. Maybe at 10K miles I'll go IFS - but I just don't have the money or time for it right now.
Oh - and photobucket is just about unusable on my 10 year old laptop, so that pretty well killed forums for me.
yossarian19 is offline   Reply With Quote