View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #155
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Okay, so if anyone is still paying attention to this thread, I actually got a bit motivated today. I went to HF with a friend to buy a couple of small things. Ended up buying about 7 or 8 things, but spent less than $100, so it's not so bad.

That got me a bit motivated and I finally attached a wire wheel to my grinder and cleaned up some areas I wanted to weld and re-weld. I also decided I am going to tack weld the outer floor section to the floor so I can get moving on reassembling the passenger side of the cab. I have tried test fitting parts, but it's tough when other parts won't stay put.

I did not get too far because I had to check something out on my daily car, but I spent the evening working on my carb. I had realized that I had forgotten to replace the idle tubes. Of course nothing goes right as I got one out with no problem, but the 2nd one the collar separated from the tube and the tube got stuck inside the carb. Took me over an hour to get it out, with my wife and I brainstorming for ideas to fix the problem. But it finally came out and the carb is almost back together. Just need to put the screws in which I will do tomorrow.

I resolved my problems with the base plate of the carb by sending it to Carb Junky's in Atlanta, GA. I sent them two base plates, the one from my carb, and the one from the spare I got on Ebay. Turns out the one from my carb was not repairable, and the one from Ebay was apparently not the proper one for my carb. So for $81, I got a base plate that they had on their shelf, which they rebuilt for me. So the bottom of my carb looks really nice, and the top and middle look kind of "eh" in comparison.

So, it's a little bit of progress, not a whole lot, but maybe it will get me motivated to continue a lot more, and hopefully you'll be seeing more posts from me in the next few weeks.
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote