View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 11:08 PM   #4
Jsfucttruck

Re: Needed a diff, coming home with a 90 R20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Timber View Post
Sweet. I used to see C20 Burb's on CL pretty regularly but they've been scarce lately. Save 'em both! lol
I don't see BBC tbi burbs that often, they never offered a 4x4 tbi 454 burb from the factory. This one came up at the right $$$$.
I was literally looking at it as a parts burb. I can't do it.

The other one has the dash out of it. Doesn't run. Has some hoky looking open air filter setup and the tbi unit looks like dog sh*%.

I went today and rode with a bud with a truck/trailer to pick up my new addition. Of course I forgot all my tools, but not a new 1000 cca battery. Good thing too. It had no battery. After a quick inspection and battery installation, I hoped in. All the lights/gauges came on!
No crank. It seemed to get juice to all the right places. I crawled under the burb with a screwdriver and attempted to jump the terminals. To my suprise, a Ford starter relay/solenoid was mounted to the engine crossmember. Stock solenoid on the starter was still there. I crossed the connections on the Ford solenoid. Boom! Running.

It runs pretty rough, there is no check engine light on while running. The fuel could be up to 4yrs old. It looks to have a new catalytic converter on it. Abs light is on, brakes go to the floor.

I am going to swap out the old fuel and toss a tune up at it. The tires are pretty cracked so I will swap a stock steel rim set on with some okay street tires. Does anyone know where to get the stock gmc hub caps? I only have Bowtie ones.

I do have a billet grille for this Burb. I have been sitting on it for yrs. They are a little bit different than the Bowtie version.
Attached Images

Jsfucttruck is offline   Reply With Quote