View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 10:51 PM   #10
60short

Re: Small Block Normalcy (what should it be doing?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattfranklin View Post
Yes, that and it helps with the diagnostics. Or maybe buy a little time before getting the rebuild it really needs. It's bought me at least 4-5 extra years with my daily driver Accord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac_al View Post
I'd say it is better to mask the problem than tear into an engine that still runs ok. They like 10w30 when they are new and tight. When they get older they start liking some 15w40. When the bearings get loose that nice 10w30 has a hard time filling the extra clearance.

I did an oil change last night, dang I love that truck, no floor jack, just a drainpain and a wrench - 15 minutes in and out.

Put in 5.5 quarts of Del0 15w40 - oil pressure was definitely better last night (both cold and warm), but this morning after the drive in to work, it still feels like its sitting a bit low on the gauge (buddy is looking for correct adapters for his gauge)

I will try and attach some photos to help illustrate what Im seeing.

this first picture is warm idle the night of the oil change
Warm idle night of oil change by Keith, on Flickr

this second picture is warm idle the morning after the oil change

Warm Idle day after oil change by Keith, on Flickr

I am wondering if there may be something in the pan that is getting stuck towards / infront of the pickup, but if I am dropping the pan, I will probably change the pump anyways.

Thanks all!
60short is offline   Reply With Quote