View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #62
homemade87

Re: Lets see your seat swaps....

Quote:
Originally Posted by homemade87 View Post
Devillusion, They were pretty simple to install. Just remove the mounting brackets and use the ones off you old bench seat. To mount to the seat you will have to drill a new hole on the rear and put a large sheet metal scew in it.There is a place on the seat to do this. On the front of the seat you will have to block it up 1-1/2". I used a piece of wood about 6" long and mounted it left to right with some large sheet metal scews and then scewed the track to that. Worked out great and it seems to be at the right height. I mounted two of them like this . Just have to get the measurement on the hole centers on the truck to get the tracks space correctly. Took me about hour and a half.
Ok Guys. I may not have explainded my install well enough. What I was descrbing was the seat to the track. Not the track to the floor. The wood block with the left and right sheet metal scews is only to hold the spacer in place. The center bolt in the track goes all the way thru to the seat to the same bracing the original track mounted to. The track is the original to the truck and mounts to the same factory holes front and rear. The rear of the track is bolted to the seat as well with no spacers. Here is a picture .
Attached Images

homemade87 is offline   Reply With Quote