View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 12:53 PM   #16
KevinK7

Re: '11 Camaro SS or CTS-V brakes on a 72?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraprail View Post
X2^^^ There is a thread on here somewhere concerning this. He put out the offer if someone had a set of V calipers to send him for mock-up he would consider making the brackets. I don't know if anyone sent him a set.
What I do know (I used to own an 05 V and have had the brakes apart a few times) is that the 2004-07 CTS V uses the same Brembo (F & R) as the new Camaro SS does with the Brembo option. The 2009-13 V also uses the same rear caliper as mentioned above but has a giant 6 pistion Brembo front caliper that just happends to use the same bolt spacing and offset and will almost bolt in place of the above mentioned front caliper. Only change is a larger bolt size (12mm vs 14mm) drill out the hole and they bolt on. You may already know all this, I get exicted whenever this comes up cuz I want to do it too!
way2lo2 currently has a polt on deal front and rear using corvette rotors and calipers including a Z06 option. Its a really nice setup. I just know, having messed around with the cadillac calipers and what I learned on the cadillac forums, that the cad/camaro calipers are 100x the caliper the vette ones are.
Another thing is i'm pretty sure the cad/camaro brake rotors are larger diameter, thicker and have a larger pad surface that they may not fit well on the corvette rotors. The vette rotord are the same f & r IIRC. The cadillac rotors are 14.5"? rear and 14" front with the fronts being thicker. I still have a full set here left over (sold the car) I will have to measure them. Also, The rear caliper does not have a parking brake (its a drum type in the rotor) so you can probley forget about a parking brake. It could be done but the expense I don't think would be worth it. There are orher cheaper easier options out there.
I have had the rotors just thrown up on my stock truck rotors/spindles just to get an idea. The cadillac rotors cover the stock caliper, everything. I had the stock 18s on my caddie for a while and the stock rotors take up the whole wheel!

Ok , before I write a whole book.....(almost is)
lol

Years old, but good info. Thanks for posting.

Ironically, I have a '14 SS Camaro that I upgraded to ZL1 brakes (6-piston up front, same as SS in the rear) ...and I have my complete factory rotors, calipers, etc. (with just a few thousand miles on them) that if I can use them on my '68 C10 I wouldn't mind doing so ; )

Kevin
KevinK7 is offline   Reply With Quote