View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #136
brimc

Re: 86 Silverado K20 12V CUMMINS Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 250r View Post
I don't know why the big 3 manufacturers don't do this but on the stuff i build at work we use 3 motors only a qsb 6.7/4.5 cummins or a deutz but disregarding the deutz on the cummins we use a fuel filter that has a hand primer on it literally best invention i have seen i wish regular trucks had them because running out of fuel would be a thing of the past you unscrew the handle prime it till the handle is really hard to push in and they start right up. It has a regular quick disconnect line that goes to the pump not sure if its high pressure but the other line we use is regular rubber lines for the return.

If you want i can look for a part # on it i am sure its there somewhere.

Its somewhat similar to this picture

That is very interesting. Looks like a neat setup.
My current plan is to use the stock setup. When I get the truck drivable I will then start the mods on the fuel system.
The 2nd Gen Cummins lift pump has a "primer bulb" built in. It works very good. I use it at filter changes and one time I ran out of fuel on the side of the road.
I used this about 30 to 40 pumps today. It filled all the line, fuel canister and the IP.

Old picture from tear down but the rubber boot thing on the side of the lift pump is the primer.

1986 Chevrolet K20 Silverado 12 Valve CUMMINS P Pumped Intercooled/Getrag360/Divorced NP205/10B/14BFF Detroit Locker - DD Canadian Winter Beater.

My Chevrolet CUMMINS Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=585509
brimc is offline   Reply With Quote