View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 11:51 AM   #4
NorCalAnthony

Re: Gen IV DBW Pedal in Square Body?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayj1 View Post
It's not a direct bolt in, so you'll need a mounting bracket. The good news about gen 4 pedals is that they're all the same, electrically, with the exception that two pins have to be swapped in the harness to use a car pedal on a factory truck harness. I think it's pin D and E, but double check that with a Google search. The Monte Carlo SS pedal is a good candidate to use in swaps because it looks more "period correct" as it's not all plastic. It has a metal arm, that you can bend, cut, weld if needed. Good luck!
Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep the Monte Carlo SS pedal in mind if I can't find something else that works. I don't have a welder so I'm trying to find something that will bolt in with a bracket or minimum work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Ben View Post
No, not direct bolt in. I use Hart Rod's mounting bracket with corvette pedal and love it!
Nice! I'm pretty sure yours was one of the build thread I was going through but didn't see any mention or pictures of the pedal. You wouldn't happen to have any pictures with the bracket installed would you? I went through Hart Rob's threads about the brackets and everything I read said that it might work in the 73-87 trucks but nobody ever chimed in to say if it wound up working or not...
NorCalAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote