Thread: My 1st 68 panel
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 05:19 PM   #113
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: My 1st 68 panel

I think that I have pretty much decided that since this motor has weak oil pressure and has small puff of smoke on startup as well as not knowing any of its history, that i am going to go ahead and get a crate engine for it. Gonna keep it mostly stock other than intake, carb and headers since I already have all of that, new in the box. I figure it will give me more piece of mind when I finally get to take it out for cruises. Pulling the engine & trans will also make it easier to finish up some of the front end work like the brake lines, fuel line, cleaning up the fire wall and adding the power booster setup for the brakes. Still trying to decide if it is worth getting the frame bracket to allow me to install power steering gear box or just leave it manual.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote