View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #17
NC_John

Re: 1970 C10 LWB "Blu"

Progress is going good. My work schedule has me working from home this week so I am getting some extra time on Blu this week.

Yesterday I removed the old dash pad and prepped for the new one.

It looked like the blue between the dash pad and the windshield has already been messed with so I figured I would freshen it up (and paint it black like I think I saw on AJ's!). Got it masked and prepped (just cleaned really, really well) and then sprayed it with rattlecan plastidip.

I am happy with how it came out- its not perfect but I can redo it when I change out the windshield. This stuff is a rubber-type of coating and you can actually peel it right off and have the original finish intact. The matte black goes well with the dash pad I think.

I cleaned up the instrument panel/cluster and changed out all the bulbs to LED. It looks good at night. Cleaned my headlight switch and sanded the contacts so the dimmer works like it should. Still need to finish cleaning out my heater box (to make sure there are no more leaves) and hook up the new hoses to the new dash defrost vents. The dash is just screaming for the correct steering wheel now....

I cut my screen for the cowl. I duct-taped it to hold it in place but when I installed it, the front edge was sagging down. I pulled it and used both silicone and JB Weld to "glue" the screen to the cowl. It came out nice- thanks to you guys on here for the DIY tip.

So the cowl is back on. I reinstalled the wiper arms and put on new blades (wish they were the original style metal ones but oh well, its a driver). I finally got to test the wiper motor and washer pump (both functioning properly). That's another couple of tasks scratched off the long list.

Today I'm treating some rusted areas with POR-15 and removing a cracked exhaust manifold..... When the POR-15 I applied on the cab floor dries, I can start fitting my new flooring.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote