View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 04:24 PM   #48
fleetsidelarry
Senior Car Nut

Re: 700r4 lockup help

once it's wired to pass thru the 4th gear pressure switch I'm sure you'll have to be driving for the solenoid to work. but, to do the "click" test you didn't

I like to understand better but couldn't find the instructions for your kit so I'm going to reference the Monster Transmissions "click" test. As far as I can tell their kit does exactly what yours does, it's just fancier (and more expensive, I'm sure).

Monster says to check first by applying power to the A pin without grounding the D pin. If you hear the click you have a functioning 1 wire solenoid (grounds itself) and don't need to do anything with D. If you didn't hear a click, try the test with the D pin grounded.

that sound like what you did?
--------------
Like you I have lighted switches for both of my 700r lockups and it just dawned on me after asking about whether your switch was lighted or you had wired a light into the circuit, that lighted switches don't tell you anything about what's going on except whether you have power to the switch. it will light up whether the solenoid or the pressure switch is working or not. to know, you'd have to wire a light into the circuit from the pressure switch to the A pin, right?