View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 01:44 PM   #3
Mrfingers

Re: Dash Turn signals on when park/headlights on

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnyankee36 View Post
Are the indicator lights connected directly to the front turn signals or are they somehow controlled by the DD dash? What's the model # of the cluster?

Usually, when the parking light ground is bad that makes the T/S indicators illuminate when the parking are turned on. Instead of power going to the parking light ground, it goes through both filaments and travels back to the indicator and then finds its ground there.

The constant "ON" of the indicators has me stumped. If the indicators are connected to the front T/S's seems to me they they should blink too. That's why I asked if they are controlled by the cluster. (Don't why they would do that...)
Thanks for the reply damnyankee36. The indicators are directly connected to the front turn signals. The model# is VHX-67C-PU. I took out all the front and rear T/S's so there's nothing plugged into the T/S part of the harness (thinking bad ground too) other than these 2 indicator LEDs in the guage cluster and they still light up solid when head lights are on or the blinker is activated (6 volts shows up on the two wires). Been staring at the wiring diagram for days now and I'm completely stumped.
Mrfingers is offline   Reply With Quote