View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #14
BarryB

Re: 85 GMC S15 Sierra, New to me!!

Awesome buy! Reminds me of a 87 S10 I bought.2.8 v6 5spd. I was looking for something to my 350 in. Saw in local trade paper. s10 blown motor. Perfect. Went to look at it. body good shape, didn't care about the motor. owner said he had a mechanic look at it, said timing had jumped. so on and so forth. paid him 350 he was asking. towed it home and parked it until I could do my motor swap.
Well one night my DD broke on me, needing something fast. I decided to see about fixing the s10's motor. got started it ,sounded terrible, missing, popping. Got to looking further. #1 sparkplug had blew out of the head. put it back in, started it back up. ran smooth, drove it to work next day. gave it a tune-up the next day and drove it until I was offered a price I couldn't refuse.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote