View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 05:01 PM   #40
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Hey folks,

Finally got most of my motor built and actually got it to squeeze into the frame today. I am waiting on a few things for the motor that I will pick up next month in the US. So I decided to move ahead and install the motor and trans and get the new trans mount installed. Now I can work on the exhaust. Few other things done, new ujoints, sandblasted the driveshaft and painted it.

I gutted the cab interior to get ready for body work, acid dipped and e-coated. Found a few interesting items under the dash that I am not sure if they are stock or the previous owner put in. Two different boxes labeled AC. One was bright yellow and the other box was black. Then there was an ECU box (must be emissions control or something like that. Then also a red box that had a multi prong plug going to it. Other than the ECU box, I am not sure what these other boxes are. Let me know if you know.

Ran into one small issue with the motor. I got a new ATI damper, started installing it, got maybe an inch of it installed and it basically jammed up. I should have read the instructions where it tells you to mic the crank and the damper hub. Too much interference on the crank. Well now I can't get it back off. Already stripped out one balancer removal tool, got another one on the way.

I am not really sure what my next step is. I am going to try using a heat gun and seeing if that little bit of heat will expand the hub at all. I really do not want to break out the propane torch in fear of ruining the balancer. But i need to get it off. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

Paul
Attached Images

44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote