View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 11:16 AM   #109
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
You've gone this far, won't take long to fix the oil canning now compared to how long it will take if you want to go back and fix it later if you ever decide to do so.

Plus if you don't, it will bug you the rest of your life that you didn't!!

Or, at some point you just have to say, "Enough, No one will ever see it up on the roof anyway, time to move on to the next phase"

My guess regardless, it will still be better than it came from the factory.

It really comes down to what can you live with? How perfect does something have to be?

Enjoy,
I completely agree and my mind set with this build is to not cut any corners. I Don't care how long it takes or how much work. Just want to do it right. I guessed I asked a question I already had an answer too.

But what about the flexible part of the roof. It doesn't oil can it's jUst a bit loose you could say. It doesn't fal in on its own. I need to compress the roof. I don't see any high spots in that area so I'm not sure how to tighten that up. I guess I will start fixing the oil canning and see what happens to the rest of the metal after that.

In the end I will get everything as good as I possibly can. I can't do more than that.

Thanks

Paul

Last edited by 44boggers; 07-16-2017 at 02:33 AM.
44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote