View Single Post
Old 02-04-2024, 02:08 PM   #12
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: LS with manual 3 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS short box View Post
I believe all truck LS's came with DBW throttle bodies. Camaros came with DBC.
Nothing wrong with either. I've used both with good results.
Because I'm no electrical wiz so I buy the ECM and the engine harness as a kit. I like and use Howell and Speartech. Per your engine specs they will put in a base tune to get you started. Both have good tech service if you have an issue. I would not buy a Ebay ECM/harness made off shore.
Gauges wise I've always used Auto Meter. Your stock speedo is cable driven and if your "new" tranny is the cable type you are good. Gas gauge can stay as is. Oil pressure sender can be adapted to the LS engine. Coolant sender could be adapted but I'm not sure. Can't say on the voltmeter.
The key to a good LS swap is a good harness and good grounds.
My 02 gmc sierra 5.3 is cable operated. I think after all the reading I may pass on doing this project and just go for getting the ole 307 tuned in a bit better. I am way out of my comfort zone on this unless I can find someone local to help with it. I am still going to keep looking for a donor truck or tahoe for "just in case" but I don't want this to become a long drawn out project like a couple others I have.Thanks to all for the insight on my questions.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote