View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #46
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Wiring

Some hate it others dont might it but its always a pain in the A$$ on old cars and trucks because so many have been working on it before you
Oh Yes its the wiring harnes

Started out with this pile

The PO's had just cut the wiring for the headlights at the junction box
so cleaned up the remaning wire and solder the ends and going to do the same to the rest of headlight wiring and clean it up and change damage sockets.

Anyone know what these are for they where under Dash

this one has some kind of relay and 3 bulbs atacted

Most of the wiring wasent so bad just need a clean up and the non factory wires removed and some soldering it came out pretty good

Still have the wiring for the fuel tank selector valve and sendering units to clean up

the wiring for the tail light was also just cut like the headlights cleaned up the ends and Soldering it togther

Also was out tearing the donor cab part going to take it home in 2 weeks and then chassies should be finished by then. cab going to completely torn apart and send for sandblasting, it have the usual rust rockers and corners but thanks to LMC i have everything i need to repair it

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote