View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 06:45 PM   #1625
DransportGarage

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I got out there last night and pulled the old brake lines off the frame, and started my documentation of the parts I have. I am so tired of thinking I need something that I have. So I started fully documenting them.

I am starting another "five minute a day rule" it's "five dollars a week," spend five dollars a week on parts I will be needing. Of course that five dollars usually ends up to be $50 but you get the idea. Just buy SOMETHING I need, so when it gets nearer assembly time I won't have to break the bank.
And right out of the gate I have already bought something I didn't need, crap! Thank goodness it was cheap and the new one is nice to have anyway, but damn it.

I am also pretty rock solid that I am going to put the I beam axle back in it. I don't need something to spend a bunch of time on with the IRS, at least not as I see it right now, I believe I am going to have my axle dropped and put lowered springs and done deal.

I want to DRIVE this thing!

Brian
At $5 a day you can build a $10,000 truck in only 5-1/2 years! Go for it! (Oh, in my project though, it only takes about 7 seconds to use up $5 in parts, so 5 minutes, on average, actually costs me about $214.29 ).
Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote