View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 02:15 AM   #25
67c10rustbuket

Re: Rustbuket 67 build "Georgia"

I need to take some more pics of the floor and progress but heres a few other pics, first is my 59 2 door brookwood chevy wag that a few have asked about. and the "plan B" i just found for a drivetrain donor. Its a 97 chevy tahoe vortec 5.7/4l60e the trans was built last year and the engine was rebuilt about 50k ago, bought it from a friends family member so if I need to I know who to squeeze (if theyre lying).. got the drivetrain pulled, the trans has obviously been pulled since the tranny mount is split in half, the trans x member was missing a bolt and the trans cooler lines were cut and reattached with rubber trans hose. Too dumb to remove the push to connect 4L60e cooler fittings i guess. Runs and drives like a dream way better than my DD 93TBI but the front susp was a little wabbly, frame was bent in a front end crash. I paid $600 for the tahoe, I was saving up for aluminum heads for "plan "A" but was thinking id be in it for atleast another $2000 before i could run it and i kinda want to be able to afford gas to drive it around. plan "A" was going to use an M20 muncie 4spd with a carbed 350 (4.06x3.48) 400 HP but the old 12 mpg was not looking too well so here goes the Vortec EFI/overdrive option and Im getting rid of my muncie M20 4 spd
Attached Images

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote