View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #15
dbash

Re: 1971 4X4 $WB $tep$ide Frame Off Re$to Mod

Deaver Springs finally here! We began our mock up this weekend starting with the Deaver Springs installed with ORD greasable hardware and shackle hangers.

First we had to cut off the old perches and weld on new ones because the rear axle came off of a two wheel drive frame that was converted and the perches were 3 inches too wide for this factory 4X4 frame.

These Deaver springs look a lot better on this frame then they did laying in my pool room for a couple days! Everything bolted up nicely with some encouragement from a BFH.

So as a result of being a member of this site I discovered Deaver Springs and I am very thankful to those of you that have previously shared your knowladge for us newbies. I can tell they are progressive and soft just by compressing the frame and watching them react as weight is added during the mock up.
I should tell all of you that this frame has previously been media blasted just to make it more friendly to work with and must ask you to excuse the dirt and grime because once were done with this trial run to make sure everything fits were going to take everything apart again and then go to media blast and powder coat with all of the parts. I do not have the experience to do it any other way without being sure I am not missing something.
Yes that is a new LS327 from Turnkey..... I am adding pics of that next.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by dbash; 04-11-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: additional information.
dbash is offline   Reply With Quote