View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 10:24 AM   #2985
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

So after all the clearing up got done, Dennis and I jump in the Dually and run down to a "local" estate auction of collectibles.

Truck taken just in case either of us see something.

Filled up and Jerky bought just in case we get snowed in, we head out.

The auction is done by a professional company and fast paced as there are so many individual lots.
Some items price silly low, if they are your thing. Like 50's school desks for $3.00 each. But then a six pack vintage Coke cooler hit over $200.00
It puts into perspective the crazy prices we see at car shows in England.
Maybe the profit margins are not that big.
Signage makes good money, regardless of condition as there are always entry level collectors who just want and need stuff and pay higher prices than the pro's would.

When we get there its clear there are some serious buyers who know the inventory.

Trucks, many with car trailers fill a very large field.

Closer to the actual yard there is a very large catering trailer selling food and drinks and another trailer that is the registration and payment office

This is organised.

Of course we walk in and it is shoulder to shoulder with punters, some serious, some just out to look.

Now I have to make it clear to those of you actually reading the script as well as the photos, the stuff you see here, is the scrap from one mans collection, the "B" and "C" teams are still in all the sheds, and then there is his collection of top end stuff that would qualify for the "A Team" Yet a lot of this stuff is great, and some to a collector would just be bulky debris.

Time for a photodump again.

Too many to choose from.

Rare to common, modern and real vintage.

Absolutely love this side by side.

Take a close look at the design.

A few Trailer loads of smalls, from glass preserve jars to school desks, masses of steel pressed and cast toys. All individually sold items.

And cars, nothing I needed that desperately, but all guaranteed to sell.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote