View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 10:29 AM   #6
MARTINSR

Re: Missing parts of a order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
I have to agree with 68Blackbird. 9 months is just too long to expect anyone to do anything about an order.

I have to say that I am guilty of ordering something for my truck and sticking the box on the shelf without checking it over seriously though. That from a guy who had to check off every item that came on an order for a number of years against the packing slip and invoice.
I was the parts man where I work for a couple of years. We do about 3.5 million in business a year so you can imagine there are a lot of parts going through there. It was so damn easy, I felt guilty collecting a check. No kidding, checking in the parts, "Mirroring" them with the original that they were replacing, going over every single part number on the part matching them with the invoice, posting it, returning what needed to be returned, marking everything so the tech could find it easily, it was so friggin easy it was crazy, just do it with the same SOP every time and it was so damn easy!

I can remember maybe twice, I know for sure once, but may be twice in those two years that ALL the parts that came in that day weren't posted, checked in and ready to go when I left to go home. There wasn't a box in front of the parts office, it was DONE. Each day being FINISHED. Not only that, I cleared carts, cleared out the metal and bumper racks of the parts from cars that have been delivered, I STILL felt that I was steeling from the company getting a check it was so easy.

Every guy who has done it after I did left that position hasn't been able to pull off these very simple tasks. I had to start dumping the carts and metal and bumpers again after the last guy let them pile up! They leave PILES of boxes outside every day, even in the rain! MANY days go by without posting parts on a car that needs to be repaired, MANY parts are checked in wrong, MANY parts are put in stupid places where no one can find them. There are PILES of returns that don't get returned (I sure wish I had that money!)

It's AMAZING, I am miles from a smart guy, or super hard worker or any of that, I just move along doing my job and these guys can't even do that! OMG it drives me nuts!

End of rant.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote