View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #12
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: True C5 Rear Disc w/ internal parking brake in the works

its all good. It seems that there might be an even better solution to the rotor modification... I need to measure the spare axles OD and the one in my truck and compare it to whats offered. Theres a company that sells kits for camaros and trans ams and what have you. They sell plain C5 rotors, Crossdrilled/slotted C5 rotors with the 5x5 pattern, center bore machined to fit our axle bore, and the inside of the face machined so NO modificaitons is necessary for the axle. Plus they are about 5 bucks cheaper than Oreillyauto.com. Once I take some measurements and I get an answer on that, I will be placing an order for the rotors tomarrow.

nlped took a measurement and posted it up in another thread, his measurement came out to 6.57.. So far so good.

clint

Kinda did a running total so far. Rear Calipers, Rear rotors (modified to fit stock axles), Backing plates w/shoes, e-brake cables is right at 590.00 plus s/h... Whats lacking in that total is the brake pads and converison brackets... but just to get a running total started. In the end, Im sure the price will be close to McGaughys rear brake conversion - less costs of axle machining

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress

Last edited by 87chevy.com; 08-05-2010 at 08:01 PM. Reason: running total
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote