View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #67
66Project

Re: 66 C10 Project SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutchevelles View Post
Very nice job on the bed panels. Where did you get your rear tail light replacement panel from? Keep up the good work!!
Thanks! They came from Top Banana. Fitment is ok and only needed some minor modifications. I only used the lower part of one but the other drivers side I used the entire piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY View Post
One sweet truck in process!
Thanks!

OK after some time off to do some honey dos before the cold hit, i'm back on the truck. Had to build an attached shed for some yard tool storage and to house my air compressor. I have a basement garage and the compressor vibrating the house all weekend long doesn't please the wife (nor me). I still need to run power and pipe it in the hard lines.

So even though life has interrupted I still have managed to pick up an engine and work some more on the rusty "rust free" truck bed. The more I strip the paint the more the bondo was hiding.
Heres the engine. Its a 99 5.3 with 73k miles. I wanted to pick up a complete dropout package with the wiring and accessories all attached but got this one for a good deal and it had lower miles that most.

Back on the bed. Once I removed what little wood was left holding it square I found more rusty problems on the lower inner panel. I cut replacement pieces from my old lwb bed.

Got rid of the stake pockets. Found some rust thru spots on one of the sides. The other look real good though.

I drilled some of the oblong holes to help clean it out and make it uniformed. Not sure if that is the correct thing to do but did seem to make it easier to fill in.

Not perfect but definitely workable. I use a thick air cut off wheel to quickly grind away the weld and I always seem to get a little carried away.

Thats it for now. Thanks for looking
5.3 LS 700r4
Still in progress....still
66Project is offline   Reply With Quote