View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 09:18 PM   #90
Scott2

Re: Scott's '51 Build

Getting ready for an exhaust. The first issue is that my headers hit the frame on the pass side. This is a TCI chassis and they claim these Hookers fit. They do, except of the flange. they're coated so I hate to grind away the coating. I may end up clearancing the chassis rail.

Now on to exhaust questions:

I have the undercab brake booster and master under the drivers' seat area. Looks like it will be hard to run an exhaust pipe that way? I have seen a few pics where the pipes were both routed to the pass side. Anyone do that?

If so - did you run them through a single muffler or route it back to the pass side and use dual mufflers?

Anyone using turbo mufflers? I don't want any drone, just idle rumble and a mellow throaty sound.

COST? - I have seen a bunch of posts on costs and they all seem to be much less than what I'm seeing. So far, the local hot rod shop says $3k (holy crap...) for a SS mandrel bent custom system. Two more - Bud's in Denver was at $750-$900, and AA Performance Exhaust at $650 - were for aluminized 2-1/2" dual systems out the back with standard exhaust bends and turbos or Flowmaster mufflers. I did not expect it to be this expensive. Is this the going rate now?

I might consider doing my own although I don't really want to and I just have a mig so I'm not sure if I can weld it up. Any thoughts on exhaust systems? Anyone know a less expensive shop in the Denver/Colorado Springs area?
Attached Images