View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 10:37 PM   #1
Slowguy

It’s time to decide on suspension and leaning toward air

I’m about to start purchasing suspension components and I’ve always wanted an adjustable air ride system but I’m having the decision making blues. I’m unsure as all the research I’ve done has conflicting info or not exactly what I want.

I don’t want to do anything to the stock bed floor height. Even if that means it won’t go as low.

I don’t want the air components all over mounted in the bed itself. I assume this means I have to rig up mounts beneath the frame rail?

I’m unsure what front control arm stuff I need, if I just add bags to the front without doing anything else, does this mean in the lowered position my camber will be way out of whack?

I think I can just notch the frame in the rear because....if I’m not raising the bed floor it won’t matter? Where ever it stops, it stops?

If I get bags then does this mean you don’t use shocks as well? The bag setup has dampening?

If I’m using bags will I still benefit from drop spindles? I was going to order a couple of kits from early classics for front disc brake conversion and the 4/6 kit but with an air system I’m guessing I won’t need any of the 4/6 kit.

It of course will always make sense as I’m actually doing it but it’s really nice to not order an extra 1000 of parts I won’t end up using.

Was thinking about this to get started. https://store.airslamit.com/default/...SABEgIYB_D_BwE
Slowguy is offline   Reply With Quote