View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 11:33 PM   #73
pritch

Re: pls post pixs of 67-72 Panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb67 View Post
Pritch, I think you may have the nicest "before" picture I have seen.
What the heck made you rip into it?
It's a 25 footer. Maybe even a 50 footer.

Really, I searched for a long time to find one that didn't need a bunch of stuff that was over my head. It showed very little rust, but I found a lot more 'upon further review'. Mostly the rockers, of course, but up the kick panels some and the supports under the floor at the front of the cab. And the dash. It's shot, all rusted out along the bottom of the windshield, but I have a perfect replacement for it that came out of a parts 'Burb that I took out just for the practice of taking it out. So that's good. The main thing is-I know myself and if I would have tried to do it a piece at a time while keeping it in one piece I would have never gotten anywhere. Now there is a clear direction and wanting it back on the road is my motavation.

Another thing, it had been wrecked at one time on the right front and I wanted to be sure in my mind that the frame was straight. It is, but the hit it took seems pretty hard. The fender has a lot of bondo and the grill is a little tweeked, but I think the spindle was replaced. The one that was on it just seems a little different, and the drum rivits had been cut off, but the driver's side still had the drum rivited to the spindle.
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote