View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 03:18 AM   #69
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Re: Rottenwood Garages C50 Hauler project about to begin!

One question if you had to do your shop building again what would you done different .Maybe a bigger metal building Maybe even puttin in one of them heavy duty rail crain's that sit above your shop to lift beds off with out having a heavy crane to do it Would you add a second floor for parts storage.Armstrong makes them big ceiling heaters put 3 of them in your shop with 2 down drafts during the summer months.

If you had over 50K to 90K to invest in a building what would you have done different to make working on these old type of trucks.Maybe a 15Ton 4 post truck lift.

I'm just picking your brain.Cus I'm moving out of Calif and moving back in the rust belt and i like to know the ins and outs of what you would of done different to your shop.

Been in the scrap and salvage for over 25 years.Works for Air craft builders Big tractor places even a place that work on Military bases and updated everything.

I try to re purpose most of the stuff i come a across.I just got done cleaning out my 3 tons of brass and copper pipe and fittings.

AN fittings from Air craft.I found a calling in sorting nuts and bolts metric to standard to coarse to fine thread.

I found out some of these Metal card file metal cabinets make wonder full places to store my bolts washers Brass fittings copper fittings.

The list goes on and on.My 4000 sq foot shop now is a work of art.If i'm working on something it take me a matter of 5 mins to fix what ever i'm working on.Lost metric nuts there the ***** to find in a bucket takes me 2 mins i'm back to work.

I have a shop that payed me 3000.00 to reset his shop up plus he had to buy the the cabinets that i needed for it to work then it made his shop run smooth..I call it no wasted time looking for anything.In and out.

Sorry for the long note just wanted to know what you would of done different in your shop if you had the money
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote