View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 02:17 PM   #92
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

Re: 68 Burb - Project - GoldMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Wow, glad your eye is ok! We can get hurt pretty quickly with this hobby of ours even with proper safety gear.

The tank mount assembly is a good idea and well put together. Looks like there is room on there for the pump too?
Thanks AD, turned out I had one small piece of something still tucked up under the eye lid until yesterday morning.. Nobody could seem to locate it, but I could tell it was there of course.
I did another round of flushing the eye when I got to work, and by lunchtime is was almost like it never happened..

So we tinkered a bit in the shop last night doing a couple trial fits on the tanks and bracket, I think it's going to work out great. The pics do show where I left off on the cleaning/painting, so just ignore that for now Although it make look like there is extra room, once I put the water traps in place I will have to mount the compressors on the outside of the frame. No big deal as there is a huge cavity on the rear driver side.

What you cannot tell real easy in these pics, is that once mounted they will sit about even to the bottom of the frame rail and thus way out of harms way.. I hope!

I also finished mapping out my line routing and wiring, so tonight I plan to run my air lines and level sensor wiring along with whatever else I can get done.

Finished off the night by separating the inner fender wells so they can get stripped painted this week, and making another template for mounting the VU4 and other pieces inside.

More to follow..
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote