View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 07:35 AM   #49
bluex

Re: Squarebody Trailing Arm Conversion

Just another quick update after some more time has passed. My local club took a cruise up through the mountians last weekend. We did almost 150 miles round trip and it was a blast. With the manual trans and this suspension I was really able to drive the truck pretty hard and it took everything I could throw at it. It stuck to the road better than I could stay put in the seat. Very happy with how its all working out and I had a blast.

There are two things I would do differently if I had to do this again.

1. Gauge mounting: The gauges are pretty much impossible to see from the driver seat. You have to lean over to read them properly without any parallax error. Annoying to say the least.

2. That Spartan Locker: When Im going slow mainly coasting in a parking lot and turn sharp into a parking spot, it is really loud and shakes/rocks the entire truck when it unlocks. It sounds almost like something is breaking. It is so loud it causes the driveshaft to ring like a bell. I have checked everything I can short of removing the cover to check the locker itself so I'm fairly certian this is where the noise is coming from. It didnt do this before I swapped the suspension so it has to be that or something from this axle itself. I need to do some more investigating I suppose. I could hear the locker racheting at speed this past weekend and it was just barely audible, but I was also going like 40 mph or more. I just cant figure out what these pops are and its very random on when it does it to. It will just do one loud/violent pop and then its good again for a while.....

Last edited by bluex; 04-20-2017 at 07:41 AM.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote