View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 02:40 PM   #10
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Fuel tank selector valve leaking!!!!!

Yes, it is 65 PSI max pressure for that valve. You can find the spec sheet on that valve on Pollaks website.

Funny you should ask that question as I just put a 8.1L in my truck and had to bypass the valve as the return line that runs through the valve back to the tank is too restrictive and caused the fuel pressure to run around 100 PSI, which is way too high. I decided to run a Corvette in-tank pump on the RH side as well as an aftermarket center mounted high volume low pressure pump to transfer fuel from the LH to the RH tank and do away with this valve all together.

The Pollak switch valve discussed above was not designed for high fuel pressure systems. TBI only ran around 12 PSI with the return pressure no more than a dribble. The MPI on my Marine controlled 8.1L and your TPI require around 38 to 43 PSI with a clean restrictive free return line back to the tank. I am sure you will find this valve too restrictive on the return side as well which will cause fuel pressure issues at the engine.

Last edited by DirtyLarry; 09-12-2008 at 03:19 PM.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote