View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 10:27 PM   #23
es67chevy

Re: Project Where'd The Money Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
a dumb ? but wen u shave the door handles, how do u open the doors lol been wonderin for a while too scared to ask lol

lookin good

yea were'd u get the tank how much u have to sliver off the frame for i to fit
Hahaha, not a dumb question. I wondered the same thing too before I started this process. Went to a few Good Guys Car shows and saw plenty without handles so asked the 'stupid' questions myself.

When you don't have it hooked up to battery, you don't roll up your windows. Hahaha.

I'm not sure how much or little you know about it, so I'll start at the beginning. First, you buy a door pull kit. I used Autoloc 50lb pulls. When I was studying up on this, I saw varied opinions on the pull strength, but I went with what autoloc themselves recommended for my truck. You also need an alarm system as the remote from it is what you use to activate the door pulls. I wired mine up so the unlock action pulls the driver's door and the trunk button pulls the passenger side. you can also rig it up where unlock pulls both doors, but I didn't see the sense in that because if I was alone, I'd have to just pull the passenger door shut again. When you hit the lock button, it just arms the alarm as you no longer have locks that you have to lock. The wiring is a little complicated for a novice installer, but we taught ourselves using the instructions provided with the kit and by researching how relays and car alarms work on the internet. I'd definitely suggest buying a kit that includes alarm, relays, and pulls. I got mine from Ebay. Hope this helps. I probably didn't answer all possible questions, so if you have more or think of more, feel free to ask. Always happy to help a fellow board member.

As for the frame modification, It took about an inch off each side of just the bottom. A sawzall did the trick in about 10 minutes. Very easy

1967 C10 SWB
383 Stroker/TH400
Brother's One Piece Power Windows
Shaved Doors, Markers, and Bumpers
4/6 Early Classic Drop
Rear Fuel Tank (49-52 Chevy Car Tank)
Surf Blue Paint

Bella Vista, AR (Arkansas for those that get the 'A' states mixed up)

My Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=330869

Last edited by es67chevy; 02-27-2009 at 10:29 PM.
es67chevy is offline   Reply With Quote