View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 08:52 PM   #12
YoungPup1977
Account Suspended

Re: 4l60e/4l65e/4l70e 4WD to 2WD shaft swap

I had to post the pic of my snap ring pliers, I have owned those for over 35 years.....didnt have a clue on the 75 dollar hit, snap-on guy would love that....my pliers have paid for themselves thousands times over....

But as far as the kit, I would just buy a kit with clutches if I was you, this way you are not buying items you most likely will not use...you mentioned not replacing the bushings... how are the 3/4 steels/clutches ?

If you plan on replacing the bonded pistons in the forward drum you will need a spring compressor or fab one up.... not sure how much those cost so I leave that one up to you...

As far as the 2/4 servo, either corvette or sonnax is good stuff....are you buying the transgo shift kit, if you do it will instruct you on how to modify the 2/4 servo...

Do you have the tail housing for the 2wd ? the VSS bolts into the tail housing which I believe on the 4wd is it not in the Transfer case ?

You can reuse the sunshell, it has the torrington bearing and would hold up to your application.
YoungPup1977 is offline   Reply With Quote