Old 04-13-2016, 02:28 AM   #191
Grizz1963

Re: Ian's Tennessee Honey '64 Short Box Step-side - England

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrown50 View Post
On with the strip down. The good news is there is very little rust,

Attachment 1521535

Attachment 1521536

The bad news is the truck has clearly been strafed down the passenger side and has been repaired using tons of filler,
I chipped this out of the cab corner, it would have been so easy to knock out there's really no excuse for using this much "bodge".

Attachment 1521537

I normally have panels media blasted before paint, however, I have recently bought this paint stripper,

Attachment 1521538

If paint stripper could be "weaponised" this would be it. It's clearly no good for the environment, dolphins (or people come to that) but it's also not good for paint, one coat had the fender down to bare metal.

Attachment 1521539

I'll strip the fender and door and decide where to go from there, but I suspect there will be a replacement door in my future somewhere.

I will try to get my "new" door out this weekend and see if I can get a neighbour around to help me hang it for fit.........
If it fits, I need to strip my red door down As I have given the quarter window to Martin as well, and then we need to get the red door plus Ta2Don's door cutout repair panel and your pallet trolley that is still stored here under the "shed" caravan up to you. So your truck seems to be turning into a Frankenstein like Pauls with bits from Arkansas, Kent etc

They are both quite bulky pieces so a visit and BBQ may be in order. I am sure Martin and Paul would be game for some burnt offerings. (Meat..... That is)

Will let you know if it all works out.

Last edited by Grizz1963; 04-13-2016 at 02:39 AM.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote