View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 03:18 AM   #11
JetForceF22

Re: 4L60e out of a S10 Blazer; is the bellhousing the same as on a 1500 pickup truck?

Yeah I have already been looking into what the cost will be. I'm getting a full assembly (SM465-NP208 xfer case, shifter boot, shifter levers, bellhousing and a forward drive-shaft) and have verified via research (without actually dropping out the xfer case) that my transfer case will fit on the back of the 465 since its a 32 spline output shaft, which would mean that I could use the original driveshafts (since the xfer case on the IFS is a driver side mounted drive-shaft) and the VSS on the 88-98 are on the xfer case (so far that's what my research has told me)

I also know about the computer issue, it is about time I got a new computer because my Silverado (Read my signature) has a lot of engine and fuel system modifications, none of which I am taking advantage of on my stock PCM, so this will just give me incentive to finally get that taken care of.

Now to raise the remaining issues (thank you for laying them out for me by the way, its nice to see all the possible issues in one post ) would be
-Clutch Pedal
-Clutch Pedal Switch (?)
-Clutch Kit (Hydraluic.. ect, addressed below)
-Verify that your seat will work with a manual
-Install Pilot bearing in crank (Potential issue)
-Steering Column (addressed below)

Okay, before I get started on the next issues let me show you the form I've been viewing that has helped me a GREAT DEAL with potential issues and instructions. This is talking about a 700r4 to a sm465, but the 4l60e is not much different from the sm465. I also have posted a few on the very last page.

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265119

Okay, Before we discuss the hydraulic cylinders, let me say that I didn't even look to see if it was a mechanical or a hydraulic transmission. When I find out I will let everyone know. About the steering column, I believe I have read in that form that no modifications were needed to the factory steering, but had to be disconnected in order to install the transmission. Don't remember I will re-read that form sometime later this week. The clutch pedal I could probably find from the junkyard or just buy a new assembly, and go from there. I am unfamiliar with the "Clutch Pedal Switch..." Could someone enlighten me further about this?

And the verify that my seat will work with a man. transmission, do you mean my actual drivers seat? If so I have 2 bucket seats and center console, not sure if that's what you were asking for however?

And that leaves the pilot bearing in the crank... That would be the game changer, if my crank does not have one installed already then that's a big deal, if I have to install a new crank I might as well have a rebuild kit on standby, so that's something I will definitely have to look into.

bwood, and to everyone else here on the boards; I cant thank you enough for sharing your knowledge about the potential issues. Its nice to have experienced people on the message boards here to address potential issues when it comes to things like this.
1972 3/4 Ton Cheyenne Super, 350ci 650 cfm Edelbrock 4bbl Performer AVS, Edelbrock Torquer intake manifold, Headman Longtube Headers to 2 1/2in cutouts to 3 inch flowmaster super 40's true dual. 4.10? Rear SM-465/205 transfer case. Now this one is busted!! http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...k/1972 Pickup/
1995 K1500 Silverado 5.7L 350 TBI with 1in swirl torque spacer, Flowtech shorty headers, 3 inch collectors to y pipe going to 3in highlfow cat converter, single offset passenger side outlet, full 3 inch setup from collectors. Edelbrock High Flow 255LPH/67GPH Fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and gauge, running at about 18psi. 3.73 Rear 4L60-E 4 speed auto (Rebuilt)http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...1995%20Pickup/
JetForceF22 is offline   Reply With Quote