View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 11:23 AM   #27
bowtieguy79
Ephesians 2:8

Re: 72 Suburban Making it mine

December 29th, I turned 35. For my birthday I told my wife I wanted to go with my buddies to the Junk yard. Its similar to a kid wanting to go to Chucky Cheese for me. So I grabbed a couple of pals we loaded in the Suburban and went. No road salt had been used yet, was the perfect day to get it out and drive it one last time in 2014.

This old sub had actually belonged to my buddy Josh in college. He helped me remove the trim that was left just below the windows, and the rear threshold chrome piece that mine is missing.

On the way out of the yard, I stopped to get a couple of pictures with the old relics at the entrance.

All and all was a great day, high in the low 40's by the time we left.

The next couple of day I was able to track down the guy who actually built it back in 2002-2003. Pretty nice guy, was glad to share what background he knew about it.

To date, I have the 950 Holley Commander and the 4L80E waiting to be installed this winter/spring. Just need the time to get to it! We have a baby due in mid March... so not sure how this is all going to shake out
bowtieguy79 is offline   Reply With Quote